This is a good all purpose cooking mince which can be used and useful in many chinese dishes. It’s easy to make and gives instant flavour to any dish, plus it is delicious to eat just on its own (guilty), if you so choose.
400 g pork mince (for best results use mince with 10% fat or more)
4 spring onions, green part only finely chopped
1 thumb-sized ginger, finely chopped
3 large cloves of garlic, finely chopped
3 tablespoon groundnut oil or vegetable oil
3 tablespoon all purpose Kikkoman gf soy sauce (or light soy sauce)
5 tablespoon Sanchi gf soy sauce (dark soy sauce)
1 medium non stick pan
- Prepare the spring onion, ginger and garlic.
- Heat the oil in the pan until hot, then add the garlic and pork mince.Cook for 5 minutes on a medium heat until the mince has browned.
- Add the ginger and spring onion and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Finally pour in the dark and light soy sauce and cook until the sauce is reduced by half. Stir continuously.
- When ready, place in a bowl or lunch box to be kept in the fridge for when necessary.